Prawn and mango Thai salad
For the salad:
- 12 prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 red chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ mango, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of bean shoots
- Half a bunch of mint leaves, roughly torn
- Half a Bunch of Coriander Leaves, roughly torn
- Half a Bunch of Thai Basil Leaves, roughly torn
- 1 Continental Cucumber, Sliced Thinly
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Anchovy Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- ½ Clove of Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, Finely Chopped
- Juice of ½ a Lime
- ½ Tbsp Palm Sugar
Tear the mint, coriander and Thai basil. Add to large bowl. Add bean shoots. Chop the chilies, onion, spring onion, mango, cherry tomatoes and cucumber and add to bowl.
Using a mortar and pestle, crush garlic and ginger into a paste and add fish sauce, grape seed oil, lime juice and palm sugar. Mix well and taste, ensuring there is a balance between salty and sweet.
Heat a BBQ to high heat and cook the prawns until just cooked through. Add dressing to the salad and toss well. Add salad to each plate with three prawns and garnish with sesame seeds.